Outsourcing is the process of hiring another company to perform specific functions (e.g., manufacturing/supply chain/packaging) or operate sectors of your business for you. Outsourcing can be defined as “the strategic use of outside resources to perform activities traditionally handled by internal staff and resources.” A key benefit of outsourcing is that by delegating a business process you create flexibility for your organisation to become more innovative.
If you take the MedTech industry for example, it has grown consistently for numerous years and this is set to continue with global sales forecast to reach $595bn by 2024. With the industry rapidly growing, companies are coming under pressure to have adequate resources in place for increased production efficiency. To protect competitiveness and profits, all major companies are now outsourcing parts of their business.
Studies have shown that outsourcing parts of the business have helped reduce production costs by up to 15%.
What are the additional benefits of outsourcing?
- Reduction in labour costs
- Access to skilled expertise
- Freeing internal resources for other purposes
- Gaining access to world-class capabilities
- Reduction in material processing and assemblage costs
- More efficient operating structures
- Ease and proximity of logistics
- Concentration of core capabilities internally and/or in consolidated locations (outsource non-core roles for streamlined operations)
- Flexibility to expand or contract more easily with regards to demand and labour
- Risk management (Sharing risks with a partner company)
- Tax breaks and benefits
- Reduction in regulatory costs (associated with some outsourced operations)
The key to outsourcing is to find a partner that aligns to your goals and ideals.
Why outsource with Bemis Healthcare Packaging Europe?
With years of experience, we can design and deliver the best possible solution for your product while providing expert advice and technical assistance.
Our vision is to build on our customer relationships based on partnerships and trust. We aim to go beyond supporting the customer to becoming a virtual extension of your organisation.
Developing innovative packing solutions to protect and enhance the finished customer product.
We can offer you a fully integrated single source solution for all your packaging needs with our Bemis Outsourcing Services. We develop and validate each packing process based on your specific needs.
Our packing services include:
- Pouch packing
- Rigid tray packing and sealing
- Form, Fill, Seal (FFS) packing
- Labelling including Unique Device
- Identification (UDI)
- Device serial number tracking and control
- Management of sterilisation validation and the ongoing sterilisation processes
- Approved local contract sterilisation providers
- Gamma, ETO, E-Beam
- Co-ordination of validation requirements
- Post sterilisation sampling
- Management of LAL testing
- Co-ordination of final release requirements
Supply Chain Management:
- Vendor management (sourcing, qualification, auditing, and performance tracking)
- Raw material and component evaluation and sourcing
- Specification and artwork control
- Fully validated ERP systems
- Demand management
- Incoming inspection
- Logistics (picking, packing, distribution