Full time, Permanent Contract
An opportunity exists for a full-time, Permanent Laboratory Test Engineer, reporting to the Laboratory Lead, to join our plant in Clara, Co. Offaly.
The Laboratory Test Engineer is responsible for testing, analysing, and reporting laboratory test data for all test service offerings, operating independently.
In this role you are responsible for:
• Completing product testing, analysing and reporting in a controlled manner, adhering to quality and regulatory requirements
• Comply with the objectives of the laboratory QMS system in accordance with the internal quality documentation, ISO 17025 standard, INAB requirements and international test standards.
• Assist with the completion of competency audits, test method validations, proficiency tests, internal audits as required in order to meet the QMS requirements.
• Independently liaise with customers as required, to meet the requirements of each test program / customer project and draft the test plan for each test program.
• Assist Technical Project Lead in Managing testing backlog and priorities with customers and business colleagues
• Ensure that the laboratory is maintained to a high level of cleanliness, so that test areas and samples are appropriately disposed of and cleared at the end of each test program.
• Mentor and train junior laboratory technicians
• Complete final test reports that are sent to customers to a high standard of accuracy and timeliness
• Graduate degree in Materials Science & Engineering, Chemistry or related field
• Strong skills in Leadership, Communication, problem solving, decision making and planning
• 3-5 years of industry-related experience
• Training in the operation of laboratory equipment.
• Experience with statistical analysis i.e. Minitab
• Ability to forge strong working relationships internally & externally.
• Ability to communicate with a wide range of contacts from corporate to manufacturing employees – both oral and written.
• Drives a high performing culture and Continuous Improvement.
• Adapts a flexible approach.
• Excellent Communicator, who is customer, orientated.
Please e-mail your CV together with a Cover letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria to email@example.com by 5pm Tuesday the 27th October 2020.