Carry out all aspects of maintenance activities and upkeep of plant and services in a safe and efficient manner which meets requirements.
The position is for our Elsham facility in the UK.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate. Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation
- Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work
- Work on process operations to repair breakdown of electrical and mechanical areas as safely and quickly as possible
- Work with operators to ensure repairs leave machine “process-capable” i.e. able to produce product within specification
- Complete documentation and record keeping as required
- Carry our ancillary activities to build/repair machinery/facilities ie. welding, cutting, grinding, wiring
- Carry out preventative maintenance as directed
- Carry out checks/service equipment/ facilities to meet legislative requirements as directed. Keep accurate records
- Requisition supplies for maintenance
- Work with Production Operators to improve process
- Other projects as assigned
- Promotes a strong safety culture and demonstrates adherence to all Environmental, Heath and Safety policies and procedures
- Demonstrate and foster Bemis Healthcare Packaging Europe Core Values and actively contributes to a high performance culture
- Responsible for improving manufacturing safety, productivity, efficiency, quality and reducing waste of manufacturing operations of which will have a direct effect on profitability
Qualifications & Experience:
- Completed an Electrical / mechanical Apprenticeship
Ordinary National Certificate (ONC) in Electrical / mechanical Engineering
- Three years post-apprenticeship experience
- Previous experience in working in manufacturing
- Demonstrable evidence of the ability to diagnose and resolve problems both electrical and mechanical in nature
- Equipment maintenance including facilities
- Strong knowledge/experience in troubleshooting manufacturing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of Process Support equipment
- Strong knowledge of computer systems
Head of Maintenance
To apply for the position of Maintenance Technician,
please fill in the details below and upload your CV.
Additional Job Openings
Don’t see your dream job listed? We are always on the hunt for great talent.
Send us your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]